Saturday, February 13, 2010

For Jews, Christians, Muslims- Amalekite babies

This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' " 1 Samuel 15:2-3

Ok, so when I used to follow Yahweh, we were taught a little procedure for checking whether an idea was from God or from Satan. I can't remember it all. I'm pretty sure that if anyone ever told me to kill babies then I'd assume that the idea is from Satan. So I'm really confused. The Israelites obeyed God and killed the babies, I'm pretty sure. But it seems that I'm not any better than they are, so why didn't they say to themselves, "Oh, that order must be coming from Satan. Satan is somehow confusing my mind, because no way would a god of love tell me to kill babies." Someone please explain. Support your ideas with chapter and verse, please, or it's thumbs down. Also thumbs down if your answer looks like you didn't read the question.

Best answer, posted by "Sarah":
I didn't read the question.

My response:

Even in my agony, you made me laugh. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment