Monday, February 15, 2010

Continuing the conversation with the Christian "smartalec02"

Really, I don't care about this conversation. This guy is not moving me at all. But somehow it's cathartic. He is giving me an excellent target for my venom.

If you find the atheists advice to be compassionate, that doesn't reveal their methods as being right... it reveals your heart as being inline with atheistic thinking, which brings us back the advice I gave.


You need to repent, and trust Christ. He loves you, He died for your sins. The matter is a sin issue, and you will find the compassion you need in that, if you want it. If you don't, then you will find the compassion you need in the words of an atheist. It's really a sin issue, and a matter of choice. You make the choice.

God has the answers you need, you want to seek them out.

Then he goes on to quote 2 Corinthians 2:14-17 [NLT]; I'll just put the beginning here so you can see the point he thinks he's making:

But thank God! He has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ’s triumphal procession. Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume.

My response:

"If you find the atheists advice to be compassionate, that doesn't reveal their methods as being right... it reveals your heart as being inline with atheistic thinking..."

As usual, you are not even wrong. Yahweh and Yahweh Jr. are presented to the world as the epitome of love, mercy, and compassion. If that were true, then it follows naturally that his fans would have something of love, mercy, and compassion to demonstrate, a sign that Yahweh has rubbed off in some way. I have seen nothing of the sort from Yahwists, not only from these boards, but frankly, never in my life. You guys keep repeating the same 20 platitudes (you've repeated #7, #8, #9, #14, #17, and #20 all in just one email). If you really had something, it would show.

When I was a Christian and evangelizing, an unbeliever once told me that if I had a million dollars, I wouldn't be walking around in rags. I think that he had a very good point, now that I finally see his perspective. You guys are in rags but you claim to be rich. You run around making up preposterous explanations for why your rags are better, but those of us who know what it's really like to be warm and comfortable know better.

If being a Christian means being anything like you people, then forget it. I think that a decent god would be at least a little bit put out with the way you guys represent him, including you, sir. I don't think that you've deliberately insulted me (yet), but your responses are all amazingly empty.

Call that atheistic thinking if you like. I call it sane and free for the first time since I was 13 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment