- Verse 4: "...those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure." How can any woman with even a shred of self-respect have any feelings other than utter contempt for this god? In case you're in any doubt about how it feels about women, check out Deuteronomy 22:28-29: if a man rapes you, is he required to pay for the years of therapy you're likely to need? Pay for your wedding to a man whom you love, if you are ever able to recover from the trauma of being raped? Well, Yahweh isn't quite that progressive, but don't despair, your rapist is required compensate you at considerable cost to himself: he must give you his house to clean, his mouth to feed, his clothing to mend, his sexual attention, all for the rest of his life, and as an added penalty to this sorry bastard, he has to impregnate you with his children.
- Verse 7: "Fear God; [it] made the heavens, the earth, the sea, the springs of water, Down's Syndrome, schizophrenia, polio, vaginas for us righteous men to defile ourselves with, malaria, cholera, vuvuzelas, etc., etc."
- Verse 20: "...blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses' bridles for a distance of [180 miles]." Well, no big deal, right? This god is used to blood, in fact it loves blood. Wait, it's not menstrual blood, is it? Get the horses out of the way so they won't be defiled.
- Verse 4: "Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name?" See also Chapter 16, verse 9, "...they refused to...glorify [it]." How can fearing a thing result in glory for that thing? How can inducing terror result in glory for the inducer? It can't. Yahweh will receive no glory for being a bloodthirsty monster. Whatever it receives from humans will be a grotesque parody of what it claims to desire.
- Verse 4 again: "...your righteous acts have been revealed." Now that I'd like to see. Which acts has Yahweh ever done that were righteous?
- Verse 11: "...they refused to repent of what they had done." The tense of the verb here, had done, stands out to me. The wrath falling on these people is due to sins they committed in the past, not necessarily sins that require ongoing effort. All you Jesusianismists who have divorced and remarried, aren't you refusing to repent of what you have done? Wouldn't appropriate repentance mean abandoning your current spouse and reconciling with your first one? Won't Jesus be causing you to gnaw your tongues in agony if you don't repent of this evil deed? Especially those of you who have done it more than once.
- Verse 15: "Blessed is he who...keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed." Can't you guys see how sick this god is, with its obsession with sex and utter horror of our beautiful bodies? Why should we experience shame? What is wrong with this god that makes us like this but is repulsed with its own handiwork?